City of Roswell Park Planning
Roswell Citywide Parks Development Plan Process
Recreation, Parks, Historic & Cultural Affairs Master/Strategic Plan
Five-Year Strategic Plan (2017-2021)This five-year strategic plan covers the years 2017-2021, and is an expression of the community's objectives, needs and priorities for leisure space, facilities, programs and service delivery.
It provides guidance for policy formulation and the decision-making process as it relates to the quality and location of recreational opportunities. The goal of the 2017 Plan is to accurately reflect community desires while presenting imaginative new recreational opportunities that are functional, realistic, cost-effective, and practical to implement.
Updates to this plan have been prepared at roughly five-year intervals since the original plan was drafted in 1969. Traditionally, the plans have focused on identifying land acquisition needs, improvements to existing parks and facilities, and advancing recommendations for new parks, trails and linkages. In addition, the 2017 Plan addressed cultural arts and historic resources, which are under the jurisdiction of the Roswell Recreation & Parks Department.
Previous Master/Strategic Plans
Park Master Plans
Waller Park/Grimes Bridge Park Master PlanWaller Park, Waller Park Extension, and Grimes Bridge Park are very popular and important parts of the Roswell Recreation and Parks System. In a Mayor and Council Meeting on January 25, 2016, Mayor and City Council approved a master plan for the parks that presents guidelines to identify projects, develop budgets, and set priorities for the parks consistent with input from staff and the public.
Roswell River Parks Master PlanThe Chattahoochee River is an important part of Roswell's history and future. The Mayor and City Council recently approved a Master Plan for all the Roswell River Parks. This document shall serve as an outline to identify projects, develop budgets, and set priorities for the River Parks consistent with input from staff and the public.
- View the Roswell River Parks Master Plan
- View the Roswell River Parks Master Plan: Ace Sand to Don White Park Rendering
- View the Roswell River Parks Master Plan: Economic Impact Analysis
East Roswell Park Entrance Renovations
These renovations will include:
- Replacing the landmark sign and landscaping the front entrance, making it clearly visible and easily recognizable from the road.
- Increasing trail connectivity and minimizing vehicle and pedestrian crossings by completing the loop trail around the perimeter of the park.
- Creating an outdoor gathering area in front of the Art Center for classes, events, and activities.
- Creating ADA parking for The Art Center at East Roswell Park.
Phase one of this project, which includes tree removal and parking lot construction, will take place February through May 2019.
Estimated Completion Date
The Mill Trail Extension
River Parkway Boardwalk Extension
East Roswell Park Improvements
River Parkway Master Plan
Waller Park/Grimes Bridge Master Plan