Roswell Police Records
Message from the City AdministratorI am writing to further address the recent reporting about the City of Roswell Police Department. It is clear to me, the Mayor and Council and the Chief of Police that what you are seeing are symptoms of bigger issues; issues that we need to clearly identify and deliberately address as expeditiously as possible.
In order to do that properly, as Chief Grant said in his public statement last week, we will be conducting a full investigation from all angles. To that end, the City has developed a broad scope of investigatory work, and I have authorized the issuance of a national call for proposals from qualified, independent firms to come to Roswell and scrutinize every aspect of our police operations, identify the issues, and make hard recommendations on solutions through a formal final report. Once contracted, I expect the investigation and report to be complete within 3-6 months depending on the intensity of the investigation (December 2018). In the interim, the police department will be conducting an internal investigation in order to make any necessary immediate changes.
I have authorized our city staff to create this webpage where we will post all of our information so the Roswell community and interested parties can view all available documents and videos pertaining to these cases and be kept up to date on the internal investigations as they progress.
As your city administrator, I am stunned by the lack of professionalism and compassion displayed by some of our officers. Chief Grant, the Mayor and Council and I are committed to ensuring that all of our officers understand and embody the qualities of professionalism and compassion as they perform their duties. Those who do not share these values and meet these community standards should be, and will be, removed from service.
City of Roswell Police Department Gap Analysis
- July 26, 2018: RFP #18-207-G Advertised Online (available here)
- August 7, 2018: RFP Addendum #1 Posted Online (available here)
- Update: RFP response due date and opening date are hereby changed to August 17, 2018
- August 14, 2018: RFP Addendum #2 Posted Online (available here)
April 7, 2018 Incident: Coin Flip
- April 7, 2018: Incident/Investigation Report
- July 6, 2018: Court Documents
- July 9, 2018: Administrative Leave Notice: Courtney Brown
- July 9, 2018: Administrative Leave Notice: Kristee Wilson
- July 26, 2018: Termination Notice: Courtney Brown
- July 26, 2018: Termination Notice: Kristee Wilson
March 10, 2018 Incident: Traffic Stop
January 2, 2018 Incident: Golf Cart
August 4, 2016 Incident: K-9