Browse Roswell Police Career Opportunities
We Make Decisions That Make a DifferenceThe Roswell Police Department has many opportunities for hard working, motivated men and women to have a fulfilling, meaningful career. We, the Roswell Police Department, show in our words and actions that we value:
Integrity: Honesty and truthfulness in our actions.
Responsibility & Professionalism: Acting professional with the interest of the community foremost.
Courage: The ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.
Compassion: Have concern and respect for all.
Perseverance: The diligent pursuit of our organizational mission and vision despite hardships, obstacles or opposition.
Through our values we commit to uphold the Constitution of the United States and laws of the State of Georgia in order to achieve justice for all.
Where Do You Want To Go?
What Can We Offer You?
- Signing Bonus of $4,000 for certified and $3,000 for non-certified candidates
- We pay for and pay you while you attend the POST-mandated police academy
- Additional training at Roswell Recruit Training Academy
- On-going specialized training at the Roswell-Alpharetta Public Safety Training Center
- Take Home Car Program
- Pay incentives for college degrees
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Cutting edge equipment and technology available to everyone
- 12-hour shifts
- State of the art equipment and software
Starting PayPolice Officer I (0-1 Years Experience)
- with High School Diploma (or equivalent): $44,553.60 ($20.40/hr.)
- with Associates Degree: $46,104.24 ($21.11/hr.)
- with Bachelor's Degree: $47,720.40 ($21.85/hr.)
- Lateral Entry (credit for 2-5 years of experience & applicable education): $46,104.24 ($21.11/hr.) - $54,752.88 ($25.07/hr.)
What Do We Require of You?
- United States citizen
- Minimum age of 21
- Valid driver's license
- High School diploma or GED
- Honorable Discharge if served in the Armed Forces
- Visual ability cannot be less than 20/100 each eye uncorrected and 20/20 corrected
Evaluation Process:A candidate must successfully complete the evaluation process:
- Physical Agility Test - Obstacle course based on actual police-related activities
- Morris-McDaniel Law Enforcement Test - Review/study period provided prior
- Typing Test - Minimum 30 words per min
- Writing Test - 3-5 paragraph essay on a topic chosen from a list
- M-Pulse Test - 455 question behavioral questionnaire
- Behavioral Interview - With a panel of officers
- Ride Alongs with Field Training Officers - Allows the applicant and FTO to interview each other in a real world setting
- Background Investigation
--------------Conditional Offer of Employment Provided--------------
- Polygraph Examination - Done in-house
- Psychological Examination - Meeting with a Psychologist
- Medical/Drug Screening
- Executive Interview - With Chief of Police and/or Command Staff
How Do You Get Started?
Questions should be directed to Officer Sam Wolfson at 770-640-4114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Roswell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.