Tips for Children
- Children should be made aware of the dangers of accepting rides from or talking to strangers.
- Children should be encouraged to talk with their parents if they ever have a problem, not only with a stranger, but also with a friend or relative.
- Children should know a safe, well-traveled route to take to and from school. Isolated areas should be avoided.
- Teenage babysitters should not accept jobs with people they do not know, or who have not been referred by people they know.
- Sitters should call the police immediately if anything suspicious happens at the house. They should never open the door for strangers.
- The sitter's parents should be called at the end of the evening to inform them that the sitter will be home shortly.
For information or more tips on how your child can help protect themselves, please contact the Roswell Police Department at 770-640-4100.