Fire CodesThe City of Roswell enforces codes and standards that are adopted by ordinance through City Council approval. These codes are adopted as minimum mandates as set forth by the State Fire Marshal’s Office and the Georgia Department of Community Affairs and are periodically modified.
Here is a non-inclusive list of the codes and standards that the City of Roswell enforces:
- International Building Code
- Life Safety Code NFPA 101
- International Standard Fire Prevention Code
- International Gas Code
- International Plumbing Code
- International Mechanical Code
- Many other National Fire Protection Association Standards
For amendments enacted by the State Fire Marshal’s Office, contact the Office at 404-656-7087.
For more information concerning the codes and standards that are enforced by the City of Roswell Fire Marshal’s Office and for a current year of the codes being used, please contact us at 770-641-3730.