Revision to the Purchasing ManualIn March of 2004, the City of Roswell completed a revision to its Purchasing Manual to include a policy to solicit increased participation in City contracts using Minority / Women-owned / Small Business Enterprises (M/W/SBEs). The policy revision was adopted by the Mayor and City Council on March 15, 2004.
The City of Roswell participates in State and Federal programs that make funds for projects and services available to the City. These programs require that the City solicit from M/W/SBEs when executing contracts that will use these State and Federal funds. The primary Federal program to which this applies is the City's Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG). The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) regulations published in the Code of Federal regulations at 24 CFR Part 85.36(e) served as a guide for the development of the City's M/W/SBE policy.
The intent of the policy is to:
- Create a certified list of M/W/SBEs qualified to participate in City of Roswell contracting opportunities.
- Ensure that prospective bidders on City contracts understand their requirements under the policy.
- Bidders Compliance Package Instructions
- Certification of Good-Faith Efforts
- Certification Regarding Debarment and Suspension
- Waiver of Good Faith Efforts