Mission"To provide financial stewardship by effectively managing the fiscal activities of the City."
DutiesThe Roswell Finance Department:
- Safeguard financial assets.
- Maximize the utilization of financial assets and conserve those same resources through efficient and effective planning.
- Maintain current and accurate financial information while focusing on making the information easily and readily available in a cost efficient manner.
- Maximize the participation and fairness in financial operations.
How long does a bid have to be advertised?A formal solicitation must be advertised a minimum of fourteen days or more, depending on State law regarding public works and municipal road construction and/or specific grant requirements, and market conditions.
Do all sealed bids have to be advertised in the paper?Only road construction projects exceeding $200,000 have to be advertised twice in a local newspaper. Otherwise formal procurements (including road construction solicitations) are advertised online on the City website and the Georgia Procurement Registry in accordance with the minimum length of time required by code or state law, which varies from fourteen days to four weeks.
At what dollar amount does the City have to do sealed bids?The City requires formal solicitations for most goods and services at $75,000, and at $25,000 for professional services.
Is there an interest penalty for not paying your taxes by the due date?
Yes. The penalty is a one-time charge of 10 percent plus a $1.50 late filing fee. Interest is charged (accrued) monthly at the rate of .0058 percent. The City of Roswell will also place a lien on properties for non payment of taxes.
Does the City provide trash receptacles and/or recycling bins?
The City does not provide trash receptacles or recycling bins. The homeowner is responsible for obtaining his or her own trash receptacles. Garbage containers should be 32-gallon or 45-gallon metal or plastic containers with a solid bottom and tight fitting lids.
The number of containers allowed depends upon the service you have selected:
- Standard (up to three cans per week not to exceed 100 gallons total)
- Premium (up to six cans per week not to exceed 200 gallons total)