The City of Roswell will reopen City Hall (38 Hill Street) and their facility at 1810 Hembree Road on Monday, June 15, 2020. Both facilities will resume normal business hours and will be open for walk-in appointments, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please visit for details and for information regarding the City of Roswell coronavirus response.

Community Development FAQs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Are animals required to be licensed?

Fulton County law requires that all dogs and cats in Fulton County must have a current vaccination against rabies and pet owners must register their animal with and obtain a license tag from Fulton County Animal Services.
In order to register your dog or cat:

  • Contact us at 404-794-0358 to request a copy of the Animal License Application
  • You may bring your rabies certificate to the shelter at 860 Marietta Blvd, Atlanta, GA 30318 and pay for your license in person.

For all other questions about licensing, call 404-794-0358.

How do I adopt a pet?

What happens to my pet if it is picked up by Animal Control?

Please call (404) 794-0358.

All animals picked up by Animal Control Officers and brought in by constituents are held for a minimum of 7 days in order to give appropriate time for the owner to locate their animal. If the animal has a collar with address, license or phone number or microchip, every effort is made to notify the owner.

Do I need a permit to move a house?

Yes, a house moving permit is required to move a house in, out, or through the City of Roswell. A map of the route is required with notification to Fire, Police, Transportation, and the utility companies. 

Do I need a permit to replace my water heater?

Yes, water heaters are under the purview of the plumbing and gas codes requiring permits and inspections to ensure a safe installation. State licensing is also required if a tradesman is doing the job. 

Do I need the insulation installed for my rough-in inspection?

No, the insulation cannot be installed for the rough-in inspection; it is considered a visual obstruction and is conducted after the rough-in.

Do you accept pictures in lieu of inspections?


How do I know my contractor has done everything the City of Roswell requires?

The City of Roswell always issues either a Certificate of Completion or a Certificate of Occupancy, depending on the scope of the work, when the job has passed final inspection. It may be in a homeowners best interest to require a contractor to produce the appropriate document prior to final payment. 

How do I request an inspection?

Please send an email to to schedule a next-day inspection prior to 4:00 PM. Inspection requests received after 4:00 PM will be scheduled two days out. All inspections called in on Friday will be scheduled for the following Monday. 

What are the requirements for windows with the model energy code?

For new construction, windows are required to display the NFRC label with a U-factor of 0.50 or less and a SHGC not to exceed 0.30. 

What is necessary for a pool permit?

The City of Roswell has a packet of information specifically for pools, there are different requirements for a private pools vs. public pools. Private pools require a permit and compliance with the Standard Swimming Pool Code while a public pool requires approval with Fulton County regulations as well as approval and permits with the City of Roswell. Approval stamps from Fulton County are required on the pool drawings prior to submission to the City of Roswell.

What is required if I want to replace my deck?

A permit is required for a new deck or replacement of an existing deck. Submit a building permit application with two copies of a site plan showing existing as well as the proposed structures. This is used to determine if the setbacks are met. 

When do I need a permit?

Any owner, authorized agent, or contractor who desires to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish, or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert, or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by the construction codes, or to cause any such work to be done, shall first make application to the Building Division and obtain the required permit for the work. A permit shall not be issued to an owner, who is neither a licensed contractor nor the occupant of a residential structure being altered. Routine maintenance such a painting, floor coverings, and wall paper, do not require a permit.

Why can’t I get a scheduled inspection time?

The inspection staff is limited and work as combination inspectors. The length of time an inspector might be on a job site is unpredictable therefore making it difficult to schedule set times for inspections. 

Are there any uses that are specifically prohibited as a home occupation?

The following uses are specifically prohibited as home occupations (list not all inclusive): auto sales or auto repair, restaurants; animal hospitals, veterinary clinics, kennels, or the keeping of animals; funeral homes; retail or wholesale shops; machine shops; personal service establishments; special event facilities; or lodging services. Other restrictions can be confirmed with the Planning and Zoning Division.

Do I need to include a list of all professional practitioners that work at my location?

Yes. Please provide an attached list to your renewal and the fee of $400 per practitioner who work in your location.

How do I close out my business account with the City of Roswell?

You are required to submit the Final Business Closure Form to the Business Registration Division, if you have closed or sold your business.

How is my business occupation tax calculated and what is the current schedule of rates?

The City of Roswell business occupation tax is based on the total gross receipts of the business in combination with the most current profitability ratios, NAICS Code, number of employees (if more than 99), administrative and regulatory fees. The current schedule of rates is available below:

Is my City of Roswell Occupation Tax Certificate transferable from one location in Roswell to another?

No. If your Roswell business relocates within the City of Roswell limits, you must first notify the City of Roswell Business Registration Division of this change.

You will be required to complete a Change of Information Form (at no additional charge) in order for the Fire Department and Panning & Zoning Division to review the new location and complete any necessary inspections.

Is my company required to have an E-Verify number?

If your company has 11 or more W-2 employees who work 35 hours or more per week and withhold payroll taxes, your company is required to have an e-verify number. To obtain an e-verify number, please go to

Please note: If you have 11 or more employees, your Occupational Business Certificate will not be issued until the city receives your E-Verify number. Your E-Verify number is 4 to 6 digits in length and must be numerical only with no alpha characters.

What are "professional licensed businesses" and can I pay the flat fee of $400?

Only practitioners listed in O.C.G.A 48-13-9(C) can pay the flat fee, which includes but are not limited to: lawyers, physicians, osteopaths, chiropractors, podiatrists, dentists, optometrists, psychologists, veterinarians, landscape architects, land surveyors, practitioners of physiotherapy, public accountants, embalmers, funeral directors, engineers, architects, marriage and family therapists, social workers, counselors, dealers of motor vehicles, etc.

Practitioners have the option to either pay the gross receipt assessment, with a $50,000 exemption or pay a flat fee of $400 per practitioner.

Professional Licensed businesses are regulated by the Georgia Secretary of State. A Georgia state license copy must be attached to the application for processing. Please visit for more information on how to obtain a Georgia Professional State License.

What are my payment options?

  • Online Payment
    Pay online at
    There is a 3% surcharge for all online credit and debit card payments and a flat $1.50 fee for all eCheck payments.

  • In Person
    At City Hall (38 Hill St, Suite G-30, Roswell, GA 30075)

  • By Mail
    Checks and Money Orders may be mailed to:
    City of Roswell
    Attn: Business Registration
    38 Hill Street, Suite G-30
    Roswell, GA 30075
  • By Phone
    Call 770-641-3799 to pay with a Credit or Debit Card.

Please note: In-person and phone credit card payments do not have a 3% surcharge.

What is Gross Receipts Tax?

Gross receipts are the total amount a business received from all sources during its annual accounting period, without subtracting any costs or expenses. Business types are categorized by NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) codes as define below. This code is assigned a profitability index which corresponds with a specific tax rate. The tax rate applied to gross receipts will determine the tax assessment. The current schedule of rates is available below:

What is my NAICS code?

The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is the standard used by federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments for the purpose of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business economy.

Please visit to determine the appropriate NAICS code for your business activity. Please contact the Business Registration Division at 770-594-6235 or for assistance

When is the deadline for Occupational Tax Certificate renewals?

Business licenses expire on December 31 of each calendar year. You will receive an official billing notification in December 2019 explaining how to determine your business occupation tax amount.

We have extended the occupation tax due date to March 16, 2020. Failure to renew a business license prior to March 16, 2020 will result in a 10% penalty.

If you do not receive a renewal notification, please contact the Business Registration Department at 770-594-6235 or

How do I report an ordinance violation?

You can report a violation directly to the Code Enforcement Office by telephone at 770-594-6101,
emailing Code Enforcement, or by letter to:

Community Development Department
Code Enforcement Office
38 Hill St., Suite G-30
Roswell, GA 30075 

How does the Code Enforcement Office enforce the City Code?

The Code Enforcement Office enforces the code when a violation is reported or found.

In most cases the person responsible for the violation is notified of the violation, briefed on how to correct the violation in order to meet compliance requirements, and given an opportunity to correct the violation with an established time period.

If voluntary compliance efforts are unsuccessful, then the responsible person is issued a citation and ordered to appear before the Judge of the Municipal Court of Roswell. 

What is the Code Enforcement Office?

The Code Enforcement Office is a functional area within the Planning and Zoning Division of the Community Development Department. Its focus is the enforcement of the City Codes and the Zoning Ordinance through education and compliance. 

What is the Roswell City Code?

The municipal code of the City of Roswell is a municipal charter and a book of ordinances used as a tool in the administration of the City’s affairs and to create an active law for the City of Roswell.

For more information, please view the Roswell Municipal Code.

Why is the Code important?

The municipal code of the City of Roswell creates structure within the City government and protects the welfare of the citizens and the environment. The Code is accessible to all citizens on the City of Roswell website and at the Roswell Library or City Hall.

View the Roswell Municipal Code.

Are separate permits required? If so, why?

Yes. Georgia law, O.C.G.A. 43-14, requires all persons contracting or performing for hire any plumbing, electrical, low voltage, heating-air conditioning or utility work in Georgia to be duly and currently licensed by the Georgia State Construction Industry Licensing Board for that work. The purpose of this is to regulate building and construction in the City of Roswell, to provide for the administration and enforcement of the Georgia State Minimum Standard Codes and to establish procedures for the permitting and inspection of buildings within the City of Roswell. This requirement is also required of homeowners attempting the work themselves. 

Can you expedite my permit?

All permits are reviewed for compliance with the codes and processed as quickly as possible. There is not an additional expediting process. 

How can I obtain a copy of the city of Roswell’s standard construction specifications?

The City’s Engineering Division has copies of the construction specifications as well as a plan review checklist, details, buffer regulations, and stormwater regulations. Contact the City’s Engineer with specific questions at 770-641-3780.

How do I check on the status of my permit?

You may contact a staff person within the Building Division at 770-641-3780 with your permit tracking number issued at the time of your application to check the current status. 

How do I know if I need a permit for my project?

Discuss this situation with the Community Development Department for clarification as to how your project should be handled. If the project appeared before the Design Review Board, the Historic Preservation Commission, Planning Commission, or Mayor and City Council, you will most likely need a development permit. You may need a development permit even if you obtained an administrative approval for your project.

If there is any land disturbance on the project, a grading permit will likely be required. Conversions of residential property to other uses requires all of the above, even if you think no work needs to be done.

If the property is commercial, residential development, single-family over one acre, and in some cases individual lots of a larger development, a tree removal permit is required.

Additional permits may be required from Fulton County, the Georgia DOT, and/or the Roswell Transportation Department.

If you have any additional questions, please contact the Community Development Department at 770-641-3780. 

How do I obtain a garage/yard sale permit?

Applicant must come into the Community Development office to fill out the application and receive the decal stickers. 

How long will it take to get a building permit?

All building permit applications, other than single trade permits, require plan review with a typical maximum review time of 10 business days.

Where do I direct my flood plain questions?

Flood plain questions should be directed to the Engineering Division at 770-594-6268. 

Where do I obtain a building permit?

To obtain a permit for construction in the City of Roswell, an application must be filed with the Building Department located at City Hall, Community Development, 38 Hill Street, Suite G-30, Roswell, GA 30075. Permit intake hours are 8:30 AM-4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Office hours of operation are 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.

Who is responsible for obtaining a permit?

The owner of a property is responsible for what transpires on his/her property, but licensed contractors know that permits are required before work begins as it is a part of the test for licensing. 

Why is a building permit required?

The purpose of permitting is to ensure that the minimum code standards are being met, preserving the public's safety, health and welfare. 

Can the Comprehensive Plan be changed?

At a minimum, a plan update must be completed every 10 years, in accordance with the Local Comprehensive Plan Recertification Schedule maintained by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs. However, after five years, community leaders may determine that the comprehensive plan needs to be updated, based upon the degree of change in the community. If only minor changes have taken place, then revisions to the plan may be sufficient, in the form of plan amendments. If significant changes have occurred in community conditions (i.e., if the data upon which the plan is based has become significantly outdated, or the community’s vision has changed), an update of the comprehensive plan or a major plan amendment may be needed. Public hearings and a vote by the Mayor and City Council are required for any changes to the Plan. 

How are environmental issues addressed in the Comprehensive Plan?

The environmental element of the plan provides guidance for achieving a balance between protecting the environment and planning for the orderly development of the city. 

How do you implement a Comprehensive Plan?

There will be recommendations and implementation strategies contained within the plan which will outline short-term, mid-term, and long-term strategies. These strategies will constantly be reviewed and executed by the City and many other individuals and groups involved with growth and development in the future. 

How does this plan relate to other planning efforts?

A Comprehensive Plan is the basis for many other planning activities, such as creation of development regulations, transportation planning, park and open space planning, and economic development strategies. It provides a general framework for other, more specific planning. 

What is a Comprehensive Plan?

The Comprehensive Plan is a municipality’s road map for the future. This official, living, city-wide public document provides long range policy direction for land use, transportation, economic development, housing, public facilities, intergovernmental agreements along with its natural and cultural resources. It serves as a guide for elected and public officials by providing the framework for evaluating development proposals. Included in the Comprehensive Plan are strategies for program funding for all city departments. 

What is not considered part of a Comprehensive Plan?

A Comprehensive Plan is not a fiscal policy document; it will not provide specific dollar amounts for current or future expansion of services for the city’s needs nor will it provide specific cost/benefit information about various infrastructure improvements and taxes. It also does not include an economic impact assessment. 

What is the difference between the Comprehensive Plan and the Zoning Ordinance?

The Comprehensive Plan guides decisions regarding growth and development. It establishes policies pertaining to various elements as required by the State of Georgia. The Zoning Ordinance is part of the city’s code and regulates the use, scale, and intensity of development that are allowed in various districts. 

Why do we need a Comprehensive Plan?

The Comprehensive Plan process allows residents and local decision makers to identify and respond to changing community needs and desires in a thoughtful rather than reactive way. The new process requires representation from all the citizens and outlines implementation mechanisms.

All local governments in the State of Georgia are required to adopt a Comprehensive Plan for their locality. While Georgia does not require strict adherence to them, once adopted the plan becomes policy guides for the future growth. 

What is GIS?

A Geographic Information System (GIS) is a system of hardware, software, data, and the personnel needed for the storage, retrieval, mapping, and analysis of geographic (spatial) data. Spatial features are generally points, lines and polygons representing a given entity and stored in coordinate systems georeferenced to specific places on the surface of the earth. 

Where can I get a copy of a plat?

Call our department at 770-641-3780 for a copy that you can pick up or have emailed at your request. 

Where do I go for help with online mapping?

Click the help button or (?) on the interactive map page for online help with functionality of the system. 

Where do I go to turn on aerial photos?

On the interactive map click on the map content button, go to the bottom of the menu and click on the aerial photo and apply. You will see the aerial photo with the street layer. 

Where is my septic tank located?

Please call the North Fulton County Health Department at 404-332-1801. 

Where is my sewer tap located?

Please call the Fulton County Public Works Department at 404-730-7400. 

How can a golf cart (PTV) be used on City streets?

After July 1, 2015, golf carts (PTVs) may be driven on any city street posted at 25 MPH or less after registering with the City of Roswell Finance Department, providing a Certificate that the golf cart (PTV) meets City safety standards, and paying a $15 registration fee that is good for five years. Registration forms and certificates are available online here or at the Finance Department, Roswell City Hall, 38 Hill Street, Suite 210, Roswell, GA.

How can I go somewhere other than within your subdivision or street?

The Roswell Department of Transportation (RDOT) is accepting written requests for crossings (form available here). RDOT will review the requested location and if safety standards can be met, the request will be submitted to the Mayor and City Council for formal designation of the crossing. By State law, a crossing must be designated for such use, usually by a sign.

How many people may ride in a golf cart? Can children ride on someone's lap?

Passengers must be seated in factory installed seats that have hip restrains (i.e. seat belts) or handholds. Children may not ride on someone's lap.

Is insurance required?

Yes, proof of insurance is required.

What are City safety standards for golf carts (PTVs)?

State law (O.C.G.A.40-6-330(a)) states all golf cart/PTVs used on City streets must have the following: (1) a braking system; (2) a reverse warning device; (3) a removable main power switch; (4) head lamps; (5) reflex reflector; (6) tail lamps; (7) horn; (8) rearview mirror; (9) safety warning label; and, (10) hip restraints (i.e. seat belts) and handholds or a combination of both. Brake lights are required if the golf will be operated at night.

What are the rules for driving golf carts (PTV)?

The Georgia Motor Vehicle Operators Manual that enables a driver to obtain a driver’s license provides the rules for operation of vehicles (including golf carts) on the road. Golf carts (PTVs) may not be used for racing, blocking public roads, or parking (i.e. loitering) on bridges or underpasses.

What do I do if I have an accident in a golf cart (PTV)?

Report all accidents to the Roswell Police Department and call your insurance agent.

What is a "Personal Transportation Vehicle" (PTV)?

Generally, a PTV is a "golf cart" or "motorized cart." Under State Law, a PTV is any motor vehicle having no fewer than three wheels, an unladen weight of 1,300 pounds or less, and which cannot operate at more than 20 MPH. A "golf cart" by definition cannot operate at more than 15 MPH. PTVs are not power wheelchairs, scooters or any all-terrain or multi-purpose off-highway vehicle.

What is the penalty for Golf Cart Ordinance violations?

City of Roswell Code Section 22.7.10 says each violation carries a maximum fine of $200.

Where can I drive a golf cart (PTV)?

After July 1, 2015, a licensed driver may drive a golf cart (PTV) on any 25 MPH or less street in Roswell. The PTV cannot be driven on any State Highway, roadways with a posted speed limit of 30 MPH or higher, any sidewalk, or any path within the City parks including the Riverfront Path.

Who can drive a golf cart on City streets?

Any licensed driver 16 years of age or older may drive a golf cart (PTV).

Can a Zoning Board decision be appealed?

Yes. Any person or persons, jointly or severally, aggrieved by any decision of the Board of Zoning Appeals with regard to a variance under the terms of the Zoning Ordinance may appeal the decision to the Fulton County Superior Court. 

Do I need a permit to build a fence?

Building permits are not normally required for fences, but if you are installing a swimming pool it is part of the swimming pool requirements which are permitted and inspected. 

How long is a rezoning, concurrent variance, or conditional use permit valid?

Final action taken on a rezoning, concurrent variance, or conditional use permit runs with the land and is valid indefinitely. The validity of these actions is only affected by the filing of a new application and subsequent action by the Mayor and City Council. 

What do I need to do to file a development review application?

All applications, which contain checklists of materials required for each, and a meeting calendar can be obtained on our website and from the Community Development Department at:
38 Hill Street
Suite G-30
Roswell, GA 30075

You may also visit our offices on the ground floor of Roswell’s City Hall.

Each applicant must complete an applicant orientation meeting prior to submitting the required documents. The Department is unable to accept an application until an orientation meeting has been held with staff. 

What do I need to do to file a Historic Preservation Commission Certificate of Appropriateness application?

All applications, which contain checklists of materials required for each, and a meeting calendar can be obtained on this website and from the Community Development Department at:
38 Hill St.
Suite G-30
Roswell, GA 30075

You may also visit our offices on the ground floor of Roswell’s City Hall.

Each applicant must complete an orientation with staff prior to submitting the required documents. The Department is unable to accept applications until staff has held an orientation meeting with the applicant.

What was the focus while creating the SEDP?

The SEDP process was guided by three canons established by both the City Council and the Advisory Committee:
• the retention of existing jobs;
• the expansion of existing businesses; and
• the attraction of new investment and jobs to Roswell.

How was the SEDP created?

The first step was to identify how the Advisory Committee defined economic development and to specify their collective interpretation of success. Concurrently, the City's consultants, RKG Associates Team, performed a detailed analytical assessment of the current and projected opportunities and constraints affecting the potential to achieve the defined vision. Finally, the SEDP document was created to provide the collaborative results of the Advisory Committee, City staff and the Consultant team working together to identify implementation approaches relevant to and achievable within Roswell.

How will the SEDP be used?

The SEDP is a “menu” of actions tailored to Roswell based on the inclusive vision of the Advisory Committee. However, the SEDP also provides detailed technical documentation explaining the rationale behind the implementation recommendations. The Strategic Economic Development Plan only is the first step towards implementing a coordinated, strategic action plan.

What are Roswell’s current market opportunities?

Housing: There is large demand for affordable, market rate, and luxury rental housing in Roswell and North Fulton County. Without some regulatory and market changes, Roswell’s population may increase more slowly than the rest of the region and erode the competitiveness of Roswell’s commercial market.

Retail Redevelopment: Although Roswell currently is over-supplied in retail space, many of the larger, less competitive sites have the potential for redevelopment. These sites can become transformative projects that increase consumer spending (through new residential development) and decrease the excess retail space (through smaller retail footprints) benefiting all retailers. Selective redevelopment also will improve the viability of the remaining retail developments, as the decreased supply will stabilize rent rates and financial performance.

Class A Office: There will be opportunities as the economy recovers to support Class “A” office development in Roswell at strategic locations. The Holcomb Bridge/400 intersection has development and redevelopment potential to accommodate a substantial amount of new office development. GA9 between the Founder’s Square and Holcomb Bridge/Crossville intersection can accommodate smaller-scale office development (when the market can support new development).

Industrial: The industrial market has immediate opportunities for new development in Roswell. Data indicate much more demand for warehouse and flex space in North Fulton County than there is supply. It is important to balance immediate benefits from industrial development with longer-term opportunities consistent with the stated vision.

Lodging: There may be a market for a hotel type that does not already exist in the Roswell market. A bed & breakfast style concept has been proposed in the Founder’s Square/Canton Street area. This smaller-scale, market niche approach is more feasible than a traditional hotel development and capitalizes on the unique character of this area of Roswell. The City should also encourage new hotel development (in the mid- to long-term) in the areas closest to GA400, as these uses are complementary to the office potential and are strong tax revenue generators.

What are the City’s goals for economic development?

The operational goals, which focus on having an economic development effort that maximizes the City’s ability to leverage its resources, are:
• To increase the awareness, understanding and support for economic development within Roswell;
• To establish the City as a partner in economic development, and
• To enhance Roswell’s economic and fiscal health within context of the North Fulton County market.
The implementation goals, which reflect the expectations the Advisory Committee has established, are:
• To promote the retention and expansion of existing Roswell businesses;
• To cultivate the entrepreneurial spirit of Roswell residents; and
• To foster a market climate attractive to a variety of business sizes and interests.

What economic development issues does the City face?

There is a limited amount of land which has not yet been developed, so future growth will likely require some component of redevelopment. Roswell’s regulations on development are not conducive to redevelopment. Higher density is necessary to make redevelopment fiscally viable and to allow multi-family housing, which is a common component in redevelopment efforts.

What new industries are recommended for Roswell?

Healthcare: Roswell is an ideal location for the expansion of healthcare-related industries. Roswell has a comparatively more mature population that is believed to have a strong desire to age in place. As this population continues to age into their senior years, the demand for medical services likely will increase.

Tech and Corporate: Roswell’s quality of life and ideal location along Georgia 400 make the City very competitive to attract and retain technical, research, consulting, and corporate operations companies, ranging in size from 1-person firms to having thousands of employees.

Entertainment and Recreation: Creating a more diverse and integrated entertainment and recreation industry cluster is consistent with both the stated and implied vision established by the comprehensive plan, this economic development strategy, and numerous previous studies performed for the City. The dining segment has a valuable, but small presence (i.e. Canton Street) that can be expanded. One or more of the historic homes could be an ideal bed and breakfast venue. Other opportunities include expanding community-serving retail and sporting venues (i.e. soccer or softball tournaments).

What’s next?

The next step should be to vet the results with leadership priorities, financial resource availability, and technical capacity. The vetting process should yield a more concrete, workable plan of the most valued and achievable parts of the strategic plan. This annual action plan should then be periodically reviewed and edited for compatibility with the larger vision of the SEDP. This SEDP should not be viewed as the first and final economic development plan for Roswell. The strategy should be reviewed every 5-10 years to accommodate successes, identify new/modified courses of action and calibrate for new market/community climate, and reviewed more frequently in times of extreme market or community transition (i.e. the recent economic downturn).

Why can’t the City continue with the same economic development strategy that has been used in the past?

Previous economic development efforts are not sufficient to position Roswell to succeed in the current economic and market climate of North Fulton County and the entire metropolitan Atlanta area. Those who desire to keep their community ‘the same’ oftentimes do not understand that things have remained the same because their community experienced economic growth. For example, the ability to maintain and operate excellent parks and recreation amenities requires a growing revenue base. Roswell sustained its fiscal strength and high quality of life through real property appreciation and county-wide retail sales tax revenue growth. Since then, Roswell’s economic viability has suffered from market evolution and market competitiveness.