Calendar

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Want to receive event notifications by email?
Subscribe Here!

Mimosa Hall & Gardens: Grounds Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony

A beautiful Greek Revival house surrounded by five acres of gardens, Mimosa Hall is an inspiring monument of survival. The home's first owners, the Dunwody family, named it "Phoenix Hall" when its walls were rebuilt in 1844 after a devastating fire. It was later the home of A.J. Hansell, who moved to Roswell after the Civil War to rebuild the burned Roswell Mill. The Hansell family named the house Mimosa Hall after the lovely trees on the property. In the early twentieth century, Mimosa Hall was the final home of renowned architect Neel Reid, who integrated the antebellum mimosa trees and other historic plants into his grand landscaping masterpiece, the vast gardens surrounding the house. These gardens remain intact today, preserving Reid's incredible legacy.

Mimosa Hall
Return to full list >>