38 Hill Street
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Building Division serves to protect the health, safety and welfare of the public and enhance the general quality of life in the City of Roswell through interpretation and enforcement of the Georgia State Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Electrical Codes, as well as other applicable regulations governing construction and land use.
The Building staff review building plans and inspect all residential and commercial structures built or remodeled within the City. They also issue the following permits:
- building (residential and non-residential),
- interior finish,
- remodeling and additions,
- retaining wall,
- trade, and
- any additional permits required.
The permitting process typically includes building plan review, and inspection of projects from beginning of construction to issuance of a certificate of occupancy. Building is also responsible for the adoption and amendment process of all codes relating to plumbing, electrical, mechanical and structural elements, for both new and existing construction.
Please call the Building Inspection Line at 770-641-3784 or Fire Inspection Line at 770-641-3730 prior to 4:00 PM to schedule a next day inspection. Inspection requests received after 4:00 PM will be scheduled two days out. All inspections called in on Friday will be scheduled for the following Monday.
Currently Enforced Codes
- 2012 International Building Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2012 International Mechanical Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2012 International Plumbing Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2012 International Residential Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2012 International Fire Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2012 NFPA 101: Life Safety Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2012 International Residential Code, Appendix G w/ Georgia Amendments (Swimming Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs)
- 2006 International Existing Building Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2006 International Property Maintenance Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2003 National Green Building Standards w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2010 Georgia Accessibility Code