38 Hill Street
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Building Inspections staff provide plan review for construction activities to ensure that all municipal code
requirements are met for construction projects and related activities in the City.
Staff inspect these activities to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens by controlling the design, construction, quality of materials, use and occupancy, location, and maintenance of buildings and structures.
Please call the Building Inspection Line at 770-641-3784 or Fire Inspection Line at 770-641-3730 prior to 4:00 PM to schedule a next day inspection. Inspection requests received after 4:00 PM will be scheduled two days out. All inspections called in on Friday will be scheduled for the following Monday.
Currently Enforced Codes
- 2012 International Building Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2012 International Mechanical Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2012 International Plumbing Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2012 International Residential Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2012 International Fire Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2012 NFPA 101: Life Safety Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2012 International Residential Code, Appendix G w/ Georgia Amendments (Swimming Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs)
- 2006 International Existing Building Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2006 International Property Maintenance Code w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2003 National Green Building Standards w/ Georgia Amendments
- 2010 Georgia Accessability Code