Children Activities and Events
- Engaging children tours are offered at Barrington Hall. We can customize the tour for your age group!
- A tour of Barrington Hall is the perfect complement to multiple Georgia Performance Standards for History and Social Studies! (A list can be provided to you with the GPS standards that will match your tour)
- Reservations are required for children tour groups. For more information on children tours, and to make your reservation, please contact Barrington Hall’s Education Specialist: Fran Lari. 770-640-3855. Email us at .
Annual Children/Family Events
- Bring Barrington Hall and Roswell, GA history to your classroom! Barrington Hall currently has two Educational traveling trunks available for rental – Traveling Trunk #1 - GA Land Lottery and Roswell History (Recommended for 5th and 8th grade as well as 9th -12th). Traveling Trunk #2 – Letters From Barrington Hall (Recommended for 8th-12th grade) Call or email Fran Lari for more details. 770-640-3855. Email us at .
- Tea with Beatrix Potter (April) *
Meet beloved author “Beatrix Potter” as she brings Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddleduck, Tom Kitten and Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle to life with captivating storytelling and puppet mastery. The event includes tea near the formal gardens, games, crafts and prizes. Call Barrington Hall for reservations and prices.
- Roswell Lavender Festival (June) *
This annual festival was inspired by Miss Evelyn Simpson, Barrington Hall’s own lavender queen! Join us as we celebrate summer with all things lavender! From aromatherapy to shortbread cookies, discover the many varieties, uses, and folk remedies associated with this ancient plant. Demonstrations, children’s activities, vendors, food samples, music, and many more surprises! On the grounds of Historic Barrington Hall. FREE to the public.
- Living History Weekend (June/July) *
Every summer Barrington Hall hosts a Civil War Living History Weekend. Civil War reenactors of both sides are on the grounds of Barrington Hall demonstrating camp life, clothing/uniforms of the period and Civil War weapons. 1860s formal dancing is demonstrated and music of the time period is played. There are demonstrations/presentations of 1860s daily life. Children's activities and food vendors. This event takes place on the grounds and in the barn meeting space of historic Barrington Hall. Admission to this event is FREE.
- Beasties at Barrington (October) *
Get into the Halloween spirit with a night of storytelling on the grounds of Barrington Hall. Lots of fun and only slightly spooky, engaging storytellers will spin tales of old Roswell and its bygones days. Suitable for the whole family. Begins at 7pm. Cost $5 per person. Brought to you by the North Fulton Drama Club. Call 770-640-3855 for further information.
- Cookies with Mrs. Claus (December) *
Join Mrs. Claus in the demonstration room of Barrington Hall’s carriage house for a special holiday event. During this 75 minute workshop, children will write a special letter to Santa while the cookies are cooling. Then, with some help form Mrs. Claus, they’ll decorate the cookies with seasonal icings and sugars. And the Santa letter? The event will conclude with a visit from a very special postman! Cost $10 per child, ages 4 and up. Call for reservations. Space is limited.
* For specific dates of the annual events, check the local newspapers, The Southern Trilogy website www.southerntrilogy.com
, check us out on Facebook www.facebook.com/cityofroswellga
or give us a call at 770-640-3855.