|The research library and archives is a repository for research material and historical collections of the Roswell Historical Society and City of Roswell. Resources include information about the history of the city of Roswell and its environs, early settlers, the area’s textile mills, the Civil War, Cherokee Native Americans, local African American heritage, properties in the historic district, family genealogies, local businesses, and social and civic organizations.
- Family files – local family histories
- Pamphlets – surveys, reports, cemetery records, etc.
- Maps – Roswell and Georgia
- Newspapers – local news, notably the Roswell Herald and North Fulton Herald from the 1940s-1960s
- Books – over 1000 volumes on the history of the area
- Photographs – over 3000 images
- Audio/Visual material – interviews and oral histories
- Manuscripts – 60 collections
- Microfilm – newspapers and census records
- Textiles & Artifacts
Roswell Cultural Arts Center
950 Forrest Street
Roswell, GA 30075
Monday and Thursday
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
|The reading room contains over 1000 volumes on the history of Roswell, the state of Georgia and its counties.