The Cultural Services Division is responsible for directing and advancing the artistic, cultural and historic environment of the City of Roswell. From community festivals and concert series to pottery classes and public art initiatives, this division works in partnership with the Roswell Arts Fund and the ever-growing community of talented local artists that call Roswell home to ensure that our community continues to thrive and grow as an arts and culture haven.
Our team oversees the management and programming of the Roswell Cultural Arts Center, Visual Arts Center, Art Center West, Art Center on Fouts Road, and the Roswell Performing Arts Program. We also own and operate the three historic house museums that make up our Southern Trilogy - Barrington Hall, Bulloch Hall and Smith Plantation.
Programs, Festivals & Events
- Riverside Sounds: A series of six free outdoor concerts that take place on the first Saturday of the month from May through October at Riverside Park.
- Heritage Days in May: A month-long festival celebrating the city's heritage.
- Roswell Roots: A festival of black history and culture during February, which features events and exhibits in music, dance, art, and history.
- Visual Artist Spotlight Series: A rotating bi-monthly series of visual art exhibits in the lobby of the Roswell Cultural Arts Center, spotlighting local and regional artists from multiple mediums - painting, photography, mixed media, sculpture, and more.
- Roswell Reads: A citywide reading program in collaboration with the Roswell Library, East Roswell Library, and Friends of Roswell.
- Arts & Humanities Month: A month-long celebration of arts and culture in Roswell during October, hosted as part of National Arts & Humanities Month.
- ArtAround Roswell: An interactive sculpture tour throughout Roswell's parks in collaboration with the Roswell Arts Fund.
- LIVE! In Roswell: A performing arts series presented at the Roswell Cultural Arts Center, featuring artists and performers such as Shawn Mullins, Edwin McCain, The Second City, Nikki Lane and more.
- Summer Puppet Series: A family-friendly series during June and July that features local, regional and nationally renowned puppeteers.
The Cultural Services Division sends out a monthly newsletter with information about upcoming events, festivals, and other arts and culture opportunities taking place throughout Roswell. A variety of educational content about arts and culture is also featured. Email us to be added to the list!
Roswell Arts Fund
The Roswell Arts Fund was founded to strengthen the scope of public arts in the city and to champion the ability of the arts to excite the imagination, strengthen public places, and encourage conversation. The Fund was established in September 2014 and was designated as the arts agency for the city in October 2015. It was created as a direct outcome of the Imagine Roswell Arts and Culture 2030 Study. Learn more at RoswellArtsFund.org.