Mission"To provide financial stewardship by effectively managing the fiscal activities of the City."
DutiesThe Roswell Finance Department:
- Safeguard financial assets.
- Maximize the utilization of financial assets and conserve those same resources through efficient and effective planning.
- Maintain current and accurate financial information while focusing on making the information easily and readily available in a cost efficient manner.
- Maximize the participation and fairness in financial operations.
How long does a bid have to be advertised?A bid must be advertised a minimum of three weeks if it is over $25,000. If it is a grant-funded project over $100,000, then it must be advertised for four weeks
Do all sealed bids have to be advertised in the paper?Only sealed bids that are $25,000 or more must be advertised in the paper.
At what dollar amount does the City have to do sealed bids?The City must do sealed bids at $25,000.
Is there an interest penalty for not paying your taxes by the due date?
Yes. The penalty is a one-time charge of 10 percent plus a $1.50 late filing fee. Interest is charged (accrued) monthly at the rate of .0058 percent. The City of Roswell will also place a lien on properties for non payment of taxes.
Does the City provide trash receptacles and/or recycling bins?
The City does not provide trash receptacles or recycling bins. The homeowner is responsible for obtaining his or her own trash receptacles. Garbage containers should be 32-gallon or 45-gallon metal or plastic containers with a solid bottom and tight fitting lids.
The number of containers allowed depends upon the service you have selected:
- Standard (up to three cans per week not to exceed 100 gallons total)
- Premium (up to six cans per week not to exceed 200 gallons total)
Building Code Administration and Code Enforcement Services