The City of Roswell requires all businesses wishing to locate in Roswell to complete an application to register with the Business Registration Office and pay an annual occupation tax prior to opening. After the business registration process is complete and the occupation tax has been paid, business owners will receive an Occupation Tax Certificate for the current year.

Before Applying

Before making application to register your business with the City of Roswell, applicants are encouraged to contact the Georgia Secretary of State's Office concerning the establishment of a business in the State of Georgia. Information such as incorporating your business, and name registration can be obtained at this site.

State Licensing

If the business registration applicant is licensed by the Secretary of State, the applicant must submit a copy of the State license with the application. For information on licensing by the State of Georgia, please call the Secretary of State’s Office, Board of Professional Licensing at 678-207-1300.

New Business Listings

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer


  • How do I close out my business account with the City of Roswell?
  • Do I need to include a list of all professional practitioners that work at my location?
  • What are "professional licensed businesses" and can I pay the flat fee of $400?
  • Is my company required to have an E-Verify number?
  • What is my NAICS code?
More FAQs >